Tuesday 17 July 2007

A wii bit obsessive

Recently I've been playing a lot of Wii Sports, in particular Wii Golf (eight under par is my best so far). This game has a limited number of phrases that it says to you at particular points, such as "Nice Shot!"

Well, I played the game so often by myself that I found myself replying to a couple of these phrases. For example, if I get a one under par at a hole it says "Nice birdie", to which I reply "Pretty birdie!" Then if I get two under, it says "Great eagle", and I say "It is big, isn't it?" And if I just score par for the hole, it says "Nice par" and I say "You've never even met my dad."

Trouble is, now I'm getting a bit superstitious about these phrases and I'm afraid that if I don't say them out loud then I won't play as well. As a consequence I do look a bit odd when playing with friends.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This we have known for some time.