Monday 10 December 2007

Cheese doodles

I like to walk home after work. It takes a couple of hours, but it keeps me fit, and since I try to do it at least three times a week I reckon it's saved me a coupe of hundred pounds in the last year. Usually I take the time to listen to a podcast or think about my life, work, the future, etc.

Today, however, I found myself gripped by a particularly inane thought. First I came up with the idea that it might be a good idea to market a very large ball of mozzarella cheese with the brand name "That'sa Lotsa Mozza". Then I wrote an advertising jingle for it based on Joe Dolce's "Shaddap You Face" with the following words:

"That'sa Lotsa Mozz-AH
Wanna make a pizz-AH
Or maybe a salad
Itsa not so bad
Itsa nice-a taste
AH, FILLUPPA YOU FACE!"

So for a large chunk of my walk today - at least from Elephant and Castle down most of Old Kent Road - instead of thinking new ideas for cartoons or what my next career move should be, every couple of minutes I'd find myself thinking "AH, FILLUPPA YOU FACE!"

It was Hell.

No comments: